You will work in the Luxembourg team of the “Health Behaviour in School-aged Children – HBSC” network supervised by Dr Andreas Heinz (www.hbsc.lu). The HBSC network is an international cooperation of researchers that collaborate on the cross-national survey of school-aged children (www.hbsc.org). HBSC collects survey data every four years on adolescents’ health and well-being, social environments and health behaviours. The aim of the project is to understand young people’s health in their social context. The data collected is analysed both at the national level and at the international level.
The HBSC Luxembourg country team is situated at the Centre for Childhood and Youth Research (CCY) within the Department of Social Sciences. The CCY comprises a multidisciplinary research team that examines the conditions and opportunity structures of growing up against the backdrop of social change and inequalities. It maintains strong links to other institutes and relevant organizations within and beyond the department, both nationally and internationally.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and the other team members in assisting them in their daily tasks
- Organise the administrative tasks of the next survey round due in 2022 in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Education, and the schools in Luxembourg
- Organise communication with national and international parties
- Manage purchase orders, invoices and budget control
- Organise the team members’ travels
- Maintain the website and other marketing material
- Proofread texts written in German or French and edit the layout of reports etc.
- Provide general administrative support within the framework of the Centre for Childhood and Youth Studies as appropriate
What we expect from you
- Higher education in office management (Bac +2/+3)
- A minimum of two years‘ secretarial experience
- Applicants must have a very good command of English, German or French. Two of the three latter languages must at least be passively understood. Luxembourgish is considered an asset.
- Service-minded and ability to manage priorities
- Well-organised, autonomous and rigorous
- Good communication skills
- Good team player and ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment
- Personal workspace at the University
- Stimulating and supportive work environment
- Salary according to University of Luxembourg guidelines
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Part Time 20.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen starting date: April 2022
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04735